Thursday 20 January 2011

Goal Setting...

(by Maria Godsey)


Today at our partner meeting we discussed the topic of goal setting. I was excited to discuss this topic as I've heard from previous year's partners that this is something every partner should do and take very seriously. The reason given: "Your partner will grow leaps and bounds over the next months, it's important that you don't feel like you're not growing or not accomplishing goals that are important to you as well!" I remember thinking.. "Note to self: DO THIS!"


The goals we were asked to set were not for the next five years or even this year in its entirety, but goals for the next 90 days! We each came up with three goals, using the SMART method, and wrote them on a piece of paper along with how we would celebrate if we achieved them. Afterwards, we signed and sealed it in an envelope to be looked at in 90 days.


For those that are not familiar with the SMART method, it's all about setting goals that are S = Specific, M = Measurable, A = Attainable, R = Realistic, and T = Timely. It was hard at first to think of three goals that met this criteria, but with some help from the other partners, I came up with my three and am happy with what I've set out for myself to accomplish. For those partners that missed this session, don't skip out on doing this!!


So, I'm off to work on one of my goals now! Joseph will be at school for the rest of the night and Noah is fast asleep. Time to start knocking out my "one book a month" goal! :)

3 comments:

  1. I finally did it!!!!! thanks all of you to do this, I think it is going to be great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - great idea! Excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete