Wednesday 19 January 2011

Hip Shakers (Shuvra Ghatak)

Following Blog entry is from our fellow-partner, Shuvra.
 
******
 
Hi I am Shuvra! Born and brought up in India, but have been living and working in Singapore for the last 5 years. I am here with my husband Kingshuk, who will be putting in all the hard work and long hours are IMD, while I enjoy the fun of being an IMD partner!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of people here have asked me...Was it an easy decision to give up my job, comforts of Singapore (by that...I mean watching Bollywood movies in the theatre) a large apartment and relocating to Lausanne? Of course not.... the first night I stepped in to the tiny room which we are going to call home for the next year, I was so depressed and not so sure of my choice anymore.
This feeling lasted for a day...till I met more and more students and got to know the other partners. The calibre of the people around you, their humility, their energy just blows yours mind!
With Marcella’s (partner coordinator at IMD) help we have so many activities lined up throughout the week that there is not enough time to catch a nap sometimes (and napping is my favourite activity by the way).
We had our first Bollywood dance classes today. It was particularly a euphoric moment for me, to see a dozen ladies (and babies) from different parts of the world shaking their hips to “desi girl” (a famous bollywood number)! It was so much fun and everyone did such a great job that we are going to have dance lessons every Wednesday now. Next week get geared up for some sexy Salsa dance moves ...ooh la la!
Overall - if week 1 and 2 are any indication, am here for the ride of my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment