Tuesday 18 January 2011

Starting off...

This is Tahira sitting in cold & freezing Lausanne. I'm originally from Pakistan but was born and brought up in Dubai, UAE. I'll be accompanying my husband, Faisal, during his "time" in the MBA prison (wouldn't have it any other way)... and will occasionally be divulging, the truth and nothing but the truth about life in Lausanne as the "uncomplaining" & "relentlessly supportive" MBA partner! ;)

------------------------------------------------

So far, the 60 (give or take some) partners bring to the table the lifestyles and cultures of 4 continents (we're missing Aussies!) with a diversity of 25 plus nationalities amongst us! We're an accomplished set of individuals from expert homemakers (domestic engineers as I'd like to call them), project managers, doctors, PR experts, biologists, entrepreneurs, who are already feeling the brunt of being the "partner". Some will be in Lausanne throughout, some will visit and some will only be visiting us on graduation day!

Its been an incredible two weeks since I first arrived in -4C Lausanne from the 28C Dubai. I've been so busy that if it continues this way, I'm not sure I'll have the time to attend all the fun stuff that the group keeps coming up with! Sometimes, on certain days, I feel more busy than the MBA's even!

I will be treating this forum as my personal diary and perhaps even make entries that you may not like... feel free to leave your comments... even the nasty one's are welcome! And much to your dismay, I will also torture my readers by demonstrating my french speaking skills (lack thereof) every now and then.

For the time being though, the MBA's are having a break, running around grabbing all the coffee they can- the delicious oranges in the basket next to the lecture room are all over and with that my true purpose of coming to the university has somewhat died... I will be heading out to see Iyerida, have a good walk in the freezing cold and then make way to the gathering at Jardin Milan (Milan Garden).

Until then, Ma'asalaam & Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment